Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What a Month!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted on here.  I had been doing so much better, too! :)  But things have been incredibly hectic here.  I've barely been home long enough to homeschool Elliott lately, so I haven't had time to do much else.  In fact, I think today is only the second day in the last 4 weeks that we haven't spent the majority of the day away from home.  And we leave for vacation tomorrow, so it will be a long while before we are home again!

Between my husband and I we have been to the doctor 7 times this month.  We're both fine now, but it has included way too much time in waiting rooms.  Elliott says the waiting rooms tire him out immediately.  Haha. Carl has needed a driver for the majority of his appointments so Elliott and I had to go with him.

Somehow it slipped my mind until about 3 weeks ago that we were going to be gone the week of collection for the Operation Christmas Child boxes.  My sister and I set a goal of doing at least 50 this year, so we have been really busy working on those, too.  We had over half the stuff already, but still had to go buy quite a bit more stuff.  Then we spent several hours sorting and organizing.  I am happy to report that we got almost all of them done, so my sister just has to pick up puzzles for a few of them, and hard candy for all of them and they will be ready to go. :)

We've also been busy with all the regular things that homeschool families have to do.  It's been unseasonably warm, too, so we've tried to take advantage of that and do more of our lessons outside.  We don't normally have pretty autumns here, but this year it's beautiful.  We've done a few fun fall projects with leaves and other things we've found in nature.

We leave for vacation tomorrow, too!  So of course there are all the plans that go into that.  I am definitely a planner, so I have spent an unreasonable amount of hours planning and budgeting, and replanning things on our vacation this month.  Haha.  It's paid off, though, I think. 

I will try to update my blog at least once while I'm on vacation, but no guarantees.  I haven't tried blogging on my new phone (which I also got this month!), so I'm not sure how that will work.  I can use my tablet if I am somewhere with a decent wifi connection, though.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope you have a great vacation and your roadschooling goes well.

Theresa Mahoney said...

Have a great trip! We just got back from ours and I am exhausted! It's funny how a vacation can poop one out so much lol. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

mail4rosey said...

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. :)

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker