Thursday, April 4, 2013

Weekly Grocery Spending March 29- April 4

Last Friday my husband went to the commissary to get some foods that would be easy for me to prepare for myself for the first 2 or 3 days after I came home from the hospital, it was things like premade salad, precooked chicken strips, etc.  It did make it MUCH easier for me to "cook" my own food when no one else was around. :)  He spent $13.59.

Then on Tuesday he went back to buy some produce, milk, etc.  We didn't have a complete grocery list or anything, but did have just a few things that we were out of, or almost out of, etc.  He spent $40.67.

  So our weekly total this week was $54.56.

Our weekly budget is $100 per week for our family of three adults, one child, two dogs, and a cat.

Our total spent on groceries for 2013 so far is $1163.13.  

We are 13.5 weeks into the year, and our budget is $100 per week, so we are currently  $186.87 under our budget for the year.


We haven't worked on a menu plan at all since I got home from the hospital a week ago.  We've been winging it based on who is cooking, and how much time we have.  I'm ready to take back over on most of the cooking chores now, though, so a menu plan is definitely going to be made tonight during dinner. :)  So I'll probably go over budget this week when I figure out what all we need.  Plus we will probably buy dog food this week as well, and that certainly adds to the budget!  I don't think we will go over the $186 cushion, though!

1 comment:

mail4rosey said...

Dog food is so expensive! But the doggies gotta eat. :)

I hope you're feeling better and that your shopping trip doesn't go too far over the allotted amount.

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker