Friday, August 1, 2014

Camping Without Me

One of Elliott's best friends goes camping a lot during the summer.  Sometimes they use a tent, and sometimes they use an RV.  They are going this weekend, and Elliott is going with them.  When I first asked Elliott if he wanted to go, he was super excited.  Then last night he decided camping was going to be scary and he didn't want to be away from me for that long.  We talked about it this morning, though, and he decided to go ahead and give it a try.  They aren't going to be too far from home, and him and this specific friend are together A LOT (He's spent the night at our house at least a dozen times this summer, and Elliott's spent the night over there 3 or 4 times as well).   So it will be the perfect chance to spread his wings a little and be away  from me for two whole nights.

When I dropped him off at their house around noon, he and his friend were both so excited they could barely hold still while his parents finished loading everything up.  I bet he will have a blast!  My husband is off early today and on his way home right now, so he's excited as well.  Our last kid free weekend was the one before Elliott was born. ;)  We don't have much planned, but Carl is still looking forward to some time with no kids. 

I have a feeling I will have a harder time with Elliott being away than Elliott will.  He'll probably miss me a little at bedtime, but be perfectly happy the rest of the time.  At least that's what I am hoping.  He's already decided that if he has fun with his friend's family this weekend, he is going to convince his dad to take him soon!

3 comments:

mail4rosey said...

I used to love to go camping when I was a kid!! I bet he'll have a great time. You and dad get some alone time too, and that's always nice. :)

Theresa Mahoney said...

I bet he is going to have a blast! Camping is always such an adventure at that age!

Enjoy your alone time with hubby!

J Rodney said...

Okay, I'm just going to say it... I'm a little bit jealous. This reminds me of my childhood growing up in the country, playing with my friends outside, camping with them in the summer, and just basically being free.

Fast forward to raising my kids in the city....not so much freedom...if any at all.

I hope Elliott had a blast camping, and I am sure that he will want to go camping again soon.

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker