Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting Ready to Go Back to School

We have been having more internet problems at home for the last week or so.  Yesterday the problems seemed to finally go away, so hopefully we are done.  I had planned on getting some blog posts up yesterday, but then I got too busy with other stuff and forgot. Oh well.  I do have some vacation posts that I have finished writing, and just need to put up, so I will put at least one of them up today.  Elliott and I are planning on going to the park today, though, so I am not sure when that will be.  He starts back to school in two weeks!  I am certainly not ready for school to start back up, but I think he is.  Two of his friends have been at our house a lot this summer, but he hasn't seen any of the rest of them, aside from one of them stopping by to sell us cookie dough and then dropping it off. 

I have spent the morning filling out forms from his school, and making sure we have everything on his school list.  It is crazy how many forms we have to fill out, since he is still in the same school.  And we don't even have to fill out any of the free lunch or reduced cost forms.  We have nine forms as it is.

As you can see, we decided to send Elliott to public school this year, at least to start with.  I am still not positive it is the best choice, but for now we are going to see how it works.  His teacher apparently already doesn't like him, and he doesn't like her either (he says she is mean to him and two of his friends at recess).  So I am not really comfortable with the idea of sending him to someone ALL day who already has a problem with him.  We'll just have to see how it goes, though.  Maybe she will like him better this year.

No comments:

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker