Friday, March 1, 2013

Grocery Spending February 22-28

Over the last week we've spent $135.72 on groceries.  Last Friday my husband and I went to the commissary together.  We did pretty good about sticking to our grocery list.  The only reason we spent as much as we did is because we ended up buying more meat than we had on our grocery list, because of good meat sales.  Our total was $133.01 that day.  My husband went back for just a couple of produce items earlier this week, but after using a couple of coupons he only ended up spending $2.71.

 Our weekly total this week was $135.72.

Our weekly budget is $100 per week for our family of three adults, one child, two dogs, and a cat.

Our total spent on groceries for 2013 so far is $842.81.  

We are 7.5 weeks into the year, and our budget is $100 per week, so we are currently  $7.19 under our budget for the year.

3 comments:

mail4rosey said...

We have guests this week, so our budget went way over. And then our guests went out and bought their own groceries anyway, lol, so we could have stayed in the budget.

Ah well... I'd rather go over and have company. :)

Theresa Mahoney said...

I just found out my favorite store is no longer doubling coupons, so I have a feeling we are going to be over budget until we can figure out other ways to save on the grocery bill :(

Carla said...

I agree that going over budget is a fine trade off to have family visit. :) I'm sure you guys have really enjoyed having them there!

Theresa, I'm always jealous of anyone that has grocery store options that double coupons. That's just not something that I've ever had available here. Bu I'm sure it will make a HUGE difference in your grocery budget if you use many coupons at all.

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker