Friday, February 15, 2013

Weekly Grocery Spending February 8-14

Last Friday my husband and I went grocery shopping together.  That seems to always mean that we will end up spending too much.  Last week was not an exception.

We ended up spending $210.11.  I knew it would be quite a bit, because we were completely out of fresh produce and needed to buy some meat.  My husband was also out of the easy junk that he likes to keep at work for days when he wants more than just the salad and fruit that he takes to work nearly everyday.  We also stocked up on fruit cups for his lunch, as well as Elliott's. We also ended up with a spiral ham (it was on clearance because we bought it two days before the freeze or use by date), and corned beef, which added quite a bit to our total as well.

Then yesterday we ended up spending $11.13 on produce at Walmart.  That puts us well over budget for the week, but as I've said before, we don't actually go grocery shopping every week, so I have confidence that we can make up for this overspending.

Our weekly total this week was $221.24.

That is significantly more than our weekly budget of $100 per week for our family of three adults, one child, two dogs, and a cat.  I'm still hoping to make some decent progress on our vacation goal in February, though!

Our total spent on groceries for 2013 so far is $707.09.  

We are 6.5 weeks into the year, and our budget is $100 per week, so we are currently  $57.09 over our budget for the year.

2 comments:

mail4rosey said...

I think you're doing good by being so diligent to track the spending. I always say I'm going to do that and then I don't. At least you know exactly what you're spending where. Good luck!

Theresa Mahoney said...

My husband is the opposite. My questions EVERYTHING that I put in the cart, so I have to decide if it's worth the fight or not. Taking him along always saves me money lol.

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker