Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sickness Strikes Again

Elliott has been home sick from school for the last two days.  He woke up yesterday morning around 630, complaining that his throat hurt.  When I felt it, I realized he had a fever.  I took his temperature and it got up to 99.5 before he sneezed and dropped the thermometer.  I decided I didn't need to know the exact temperature, since that was enough to keep him home from school.  He started feeling better later in the day, and I thought he would end up back in school today, but today when my husband woke him up, he was running a fever and had a very whiny quality in his voice.  He's acting fine right now, and REALLY wants to go back to school tomorrow, so hopefully he still feels well enough tomorrow!  I'm also hoping no one else in the family gets sick.  Elliott has next Thursday and Friday off school and my sister has the day off Thursday as well, so the three of us are planning on going to Bismarck.

I've managed to do a surprising number of things at home over the last two days, even with Elliott home.  I worked out for over an hour yesterday, and just about 90 minutes today, while Elliott was snuggling the dogs and watching TV in my room.  I straightened up the living room and my bedroom today, and might tackle Elliott's later.

My sister has the day off today, and is grocery shopping right now.  Having her here has really helped us stick to our budget.  She works in Minot, so she usually has no problem running errands for us.  Since I'm not with her, I can't impulse shop, and it works. :)  We're under budget for this half of the month right now, so I should have some extra spending money when we go to Bismarck, plus have extra to put toward debt. :)  I have done a little more online shopping lately than usual, but it hasn't amounted to what I normally spend in stores.

No comments:

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker