Friday, May 10, 2013

Circus Fun

The circus came to town last week.  I wasn't actually planning on taking Elliott this year, but he somehow talked Daddy into it.  Originally we thought Carl was going to be working second shift, but it changed, and he ended up on night shifts, so he was home in the evening.  Anyway, he told Elliott that it had been a really long time since he went to the circus so he wanted to go.  And because he had to be at work at night, that meant I had to go to the circus, too, so I could drive Elliott home after the circus.

In case I wasn't clear, I'm not a big fan of the circus.  I don't think most of the trainers treat their animals appropriately, and the tiger show actually makes me cry.  For real.  I DO like the clowns and the dog show, though.  I think that the majority of the dog trainers actually care about the dogs, and train them a little more humanely.  Which makes sense considering how much most dogs want to please the people they care about.  As an adult, I've only had one dog that had to be bribed with food repeatedly to get her to do what I want.  The others just wanted to do whatever I wanted them to do.

Elliott did have fun at the circus, though, and so did Carl.  We had to leave early, so my husband could get to work on time. The circus was supposed to start at 7, but of course didn't end up starting until more like 730.  Normally Elliott is in bed by 730 on school nights (and this was a school night), so he was ready to go by the time we had to leave to get Carl back to base on time anyway.

Elliott's favorite part was the dog dressed up as a wind up toy elephant.  It was a cute show that also happened to star his favorite clown.  He's also always impressed with acrobats, and told me at the circus that he might be an acrobat when he grows up, as long as he doesn't have to wear the tights.  Haha.

No comments:

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker