Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finding Great Deals at Old Navy

I know I haven't posted in a while.  The group I volunteer with has had a bunch of extra stuff going on, so I've been incredibly busy with that.  Putting in 50 or more hours some weeks, plus all the other regular stuff I do (including volunteer work elsewhere) means that a lot of stuff has been moved to the back burner.  Unfortunately the blog had to be one of the first things to go.

This week I have a little more time, due to an incredibly hectic week last week, so I thought I would share a quick post about some great deals I got shopping yesterday.  My camera cord is missing, and it's an odd size, so I don't have any pictures right now. :(

A couple of weeks ago when we were at the mall, Elliott noticed the clearance side in Old Navy, so we decided we had to go in.  Now that Elliott is in big kid clothes, we buy the majority of his clothing there, because he likes the styles, and I can usually find some great deals.  They seem to hold up better than some of the other brands we've bought, too, although over all Elliott isn't really that rough on clothing.

Anyway, that day clearance clothing was an additional 30% off, plus if you spent $20, you got $10 off a $20 purchase, spend $40 get a $20, etc.  We ended up spending $45 and some change that day.  We bought Elliott a pair of jeans on clearance, 2 pairs of shorts on clearance, and a fleece pull over (for under his snowsuit and coat, since they go outside for recess even when it's negative temps here) on sale.  I also bought a pair of jeans, a skirt, and a pair of gym shorts for myself (all on clearance) and a pair of fleece pants for my husband (sale).

Yesterday was the last day to use the coupon we got, so we headed back to buy some more jeans for Elliott.  We ended up getting 2 pair for $30, and a pair of fleece pants on sale for $10.  He also found a long sleeve shirt on clearance for under $4, so we used the $20 off $40 purchase to only pay $25 and some change total.

To make it an even better deal, we used a $50 giftcard the first time that we got free just for using our credit card.  We use it to buy gas and then pay it every time we get paid.  Yesterday we used the rest of that giftcard, plus a $50 gift card that we got for only $45 through our savings account.

No comments:

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker