Monday, February 27, 2012

Making the Routine Work

I got up with my husband this morning at 415.  He had squadron PT on base at 6, so I stayed home instead of going to the gym.  I prepared his lunch and pulled out some of the stuff I needed for my son's lunch as well.  Then I did a few things online that I needed to get done, and even found time to do some daily clicks on sites that I hadn't done much lately, all while my husband was getting ready for work. 

After my husband went to work, I worked out for about 40 minutes, before hitting the shower.  I then started a load of laundry, and started Elliott's breakfast.  After I got him up, I packed his lunch, helped him pack his backpack and fed him breakfast before hitting the door for school. 

When I arrived home from dropping Elliott off at school, I sorted the clothes that someone left in the dryer yesterday (I think it was my husband, but it might have been my sister), and started a second load.  I pulled out everything I need for dinner tonight, and came back upstairs.  It's only 1015, and I've already finished everything online that was on my goal sheet today, except this blog post.   I also straightened up the kitchen, and will be cleaning my bathrooms as soon as I finish this up.

I am REALLY tired, and think I need a nap (I was up until well past midnight last night).  I'm excited that I can take one guilt free, since I got so much done already.  I don't especially like mornings, but I really think I must be better at managing my time in the mornings, because I always seem to get more done if I get up early.

My goals for the rest of the school day include a nap, vacuuming, and working on my grocery list and gathering and sorting coupons.  After school it will be time to relax with Elliott until his dad gets home, and then it's dinner, baths, stories, etc.  I'll get my husband to bring up the laundry from the basement and put away ours tonight, too, and Elliott's tomorrow.  I'm hoping to make it into bed by 10 pm tonight, so I don't want to have too much to do after Elliott goes to bed.

1 comment:

JRFrugalMom and Family said...

I hope you were able to get a nap Carla, sometimes it's needed.

I started back on my exercise routine again today, after a two week break because of my dad's visit. It felt sooooo good to finally get some exercise!

I did a 25 minute video on demand, and then 42 minutes on my bike, while watching a show I had saved on demand.

Oh....and I folded laundry too:) Way too much laundry....the joys of a SAHM:)

Vacation Countdown Ticker