Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Valentine's Day

I hope everyone that celebrates had a great Valentine's Day this year!  My husband was off Thursday and Friday last week, so we actually got to go out on Valentine's Day.  We thought about seeing a movie, but decided to go out to eat and do a little shopping instead.  We don't usually spend all that much on Valentine's Day presents for each other, and this year we didn't even buy any until we were out that day.  I ended up buying my husband the movie "Here Comes the Boom" and he bought me the miniseries from History Channel "The Men Who Built America."  We've already seen all of the Men Who Built America episodes, but we are both history nerds and will probably watch it several more times.  We watched "Here Comes the Boom" on Valentine's Day with Elliott and Darla when we got home.  It was one of those movies that Elliott and Carl both really wanted to see when we saw the previews, but it never came to our theater (we only have one movie theater within 30 miles of our house).

We bought Elliott a new TV for his Valentine's Day present.  I know that probably sounds extravagant, but we were actually planning on buying him one anyway.  We just decided to go ahead and do it on Thursday while we were in the electronics department at Walmart anyway.  He's had a TV in his room since he was little, although he only uses it during breaks from school, and occasionally on the weekend.  However, after remodeling his room recently, we didn't really have anywhere to put his old TV.  So we decided we would get him a flat panel that could be hung on his wall.  We bought him a 22 inch, and it looks perfect in his little room.  Now my husband is itching to go ahead and buy a 3D TV for the living room, though, so we can have the one from the living room in our bedroom.  Even though it was his idea to buy Elliott the flat panel he's now jealous that Elliott has a nicer TV than we do. Haha.

After we did our shopping, we grabbed pizza from Papa John's (we had a code for a free large pizza from the coin toss at the Super Bowl), and headed home to watch a movie.  We got to snuggle with Elliott and listen to extra stories after the movie was over, and Elliott told us all about his party at school.  It was a great day for all of us!

How was your Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

Theresa Mahoney said...

That sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day! We have a 3D tv and I am back and forth on if I like it or not. The 3D is just OK for a home tv. We bought a 3D movie that we saw in the theater, and it just didn't compare on our screen.

mail4rosey said...

I bet your son really liked Valentine's Day this year, woot.

I'm glad you had a nice time, and the discussions about the parties at school w/the kids is one of the best parts of the day! :)

Carla said...

I've heard that about the 3D TV a lot, but my husband still really wants one. We are movie junkies at our house. We don't watch much regular TV, but we do watch a lot of movies. We have actually saved up the money for a nicer 3D TV, but I want to put that money toward our vacation, but now my husband isn't so sure. I guess we'll wait and see how the rest of the savings come along. I have a feeling he will end up getting his way by the end of the year for sure, though.

And Rosey, I totally agree. Elliott has a bunch of really involved parents in his class (which is a good thing), so we only get to go to one party a year (I did Halloween this year). I love hearing all about the others when he gets home, though!

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker