Friday, March 15, 2013

Dreaming of Spring

I'm watching the snow fall right now.  I think the weatherman who called for two inches of snow over night and this morning was wrong.  I'm pretty sure we have at least four fresh inches, and it's still coming down pretty good right now.  We've also already hit our high for today, and the temps are dropping.  It's currently 9 degrees.  I'm sure I'm not the only one around here wondering when spring will arrive.

We've had a pretty snowy winter this year, at least for here.  It's been a pretty warm winter, though, so we've had more snow melting this year than we usually do.  Even still, I would say we have at least 3 feet of snow on the ground in my area right now.  The piles of snow on the sides of the road from the plows are taller than even big pick up trucks  right now in my neighborhood.  It makes driving a challenge, since you never know whether there's going to be a car there or not when you are backing out of your drive (and you never know when a car is going to back out of a drive, when you are already out on the road).

I've lived in North Dakota for almost eight years now.  There are definitely positives to living in my area, but weather is certainly not one of them. I think today I'm going to dream about spring...and maybe even getting orders to another base! :)

1 comment:

Theresa Mahoney said...

I've been dreaming of spring for months now. I do love the look of the world when it's snowed, but the cold I can live without. Today the sun is shining bright. It gives me hope that spring is going to be here very soon!

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker