Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Time

My little family is celebrating Christmas this weekend.  We will be leaving for Missouri next weekend, and since my husband is still at work when Elliott goes to bed next week, this weekend was really the only logical time it would work.  We buy way too many gifts to make just celebrating in Missouri an option.  It would cost us a fortune to mail everything there and back, and it wouldn't all fit in the van with my husband, my sister, my son, me, our two dogs, two cats, and luggage.   So we have sent a few things to my mom's house already that I ordered online, and some of Elliott's books that he picked from Scholastic (one of my sisters that lives close to my mom is a teacher so we ordered them through her) are already there.  We'll also take a few gifts from here to open on Christmas, but most of them will be opened here.  We even made arrangements with Santa for a drop off Friday night at our house. :)

My sister will be coming over, of course, and in addition to opening presents and eating together, we'll play some games, and maybe even watch some movies.  My sister might not be able to be here for everything.  I don't know if she is going to have to work any or not.  She isn't on the schedule, but she said she might need to go in anyway, depending on how late she works on Friday night.  Either way, it will be lots of fun.  I'm really looking forward to a family day. :)


2 comments:

mail4rosey said...

Wishing you a super fun holiday and safe travels too!

Theresa Mahoney said...

Merry Christmas to you and the family! I hope you are able to relax a little and enjoy the season with your family :)

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker