Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time Flies and I am Terrible at Blogging!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last blogged here.  Things have been incredibly hectic.  I really need to stop waiting until the last minute to do things!

My sister moved in with us at the very end of January.  We moved a bunch of stuff into the dinning room so she would have a place to put her stuff.  We planned on going through the stuff in the dining room right away and getting rid of some, and storing the rest.  It's mostly seasonal stuff and stuff that Elliott has outgrown.  Anyway, we still can't eat in the dining room.  We even bought a new dining room table, and haven't been able to use it yet. 

My son turned 6 this month!  He invited 22 kids to his party, but it snowed that day, so only 6 showed up.  It was still fun, though, and much easier to handle. :)  My husband ended up having to go to work before the party was over, so I'm kind of glad that we didn't have a bunch of kids.  It was a great group, though, and gave us time to play all the games I had planned, without getting bored waiting for a turn, etc.  Elliott was a little bit bummed that one of his best friends didn't show up, but he was out with an ear infection on Thursday and Friday (Elliott's party was Saturday), so we weren't really expecting him on Saturday anyway.

My sister had no trouble at all finding a job.  Both places she applied offered her a job, but she took the one with a less fixed schedule.  Like this week she works 9am-5pm today, and 2-10 pm the rest of the week.  She's been there a week, though, and likes it so far.  The pay is much better than her last job (but her last job was in southern MO where the cost of living is incredibly low).  She's suffering from sticker shock when she goes shopping, but otherwise seems to like living out in the middle of nowhere. :)

No comments:

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker