Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Basement Remodel is Done!

This was supposed to be posted yesterday.  I'm not sure if it was my phone, or I just forgot to post it or what, but pretend the date says yesterday. ;)

I haven't been around much lately, but it is for a good reason.  I am typing this in our newly finished bedroom! I should have taken before pictures but I didn't think about it then.  I guess technically it isn't quite finished yet, since we still need to add the trim, but we are moved in and sleeping down here now.  Now I just have to finish cleaning our old bedroom so we can paint in there.  Then we will be doing some minor remodeling in Elliott's room and we will be finished, at least for a little while.

Elliott had a four day weekend for Veterans day and the opening of deer season. Then he ended up getting sick Monday night so he stayed home yesterday and today.  We made today a movie day and he seems to be feeling much better now.

Tomorrow I should be able to finish cleaning our old bedroom while my son is in school.   Then hopefully we can get it painted this weekend and have a week off for Thanksgiving.  This is the first time since my husband and I got married seven and a half years ago that we have had other family around for Thanksgiving.  I think it is going to be hard for my sister though.

I think she is looking forward to black Friday shopping with us though.  That is my husbands and my son's favorite shopping day.  We will do a combination of in store and online shopping again this year.  Hopefully we will finish our Christmas shopping then.

1 comment:

J Rodney said...

Congratulations on getting it done Carla!

Vacation Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker